Wednesday, December 26, 2007

12/26/07 - Impact of Holiday Shutdown

All,

Holiday shutdown in UA is delaying our adoption significantly. We go to court tomorrow and then we'll be sitting on our thumbs unable to make any further progress on the birth certificate or passport until no earlier than the 9th and potentially the 20th (yikes!) for the region we are in. That said, we've decided to come home during the waiting period & UA gov't holiday shutdown. Anyway...we have a 15 HR layover in Amsterdam and were wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to stay (vice the concrete floor of the airport)?

We're bummed about the delay but we'll be able to square our daughter's room away and get the clothes that we want to bring back....Donna will return without me but with a friend in mid-Jan and her mom has said she may tag along with her too. We miss our boys a bunch and seeing them again will be great! In the end, I will stay back and manage work, hockey, indoor soccer, boy scouts, tae kwon do, and our daily life at home and Donna will come back to UA and bring our daughter home.

We'll update everyone as best we can.

Sandra, I guess this answers your question.


Take Care,
Mike and Donna

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hello,
Warm hugs and smiles from CT. I love reading each one of your posts!!! Michael you should be writing books. What a whirlwind journey you are both having. I can't wait to read (& eventually hear) more about it. Donna you know how I love to shop so I'll need sizes etc. to help me with my 'care package' for your daughter once she's home and settled in. Hmmm maybe I'll bake some chocolate chip cookies and send them out ;0) I have all fingers, toes, legs etc. crossed for your court date in a few hours. Love to you both.
Warmly,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Safe travels home! Marc and I have been thinking about you and checking your blog while staying at Mom & Dad's house in Bluffton, SC. Marc and I spent his Christmas break here (away from our furry kids), and he is back at class today. It's almost over though - Marc's graduation is in two days. Sending our best wishes and hope to talk soon.
Love, Helen & Marc

Drew and Rita said...

All the best on your travel home.