Tuesday, January 15, 2008

01/15/08 Here at last!!!!

Hello all,

Well Helen and I made it. Not a simple trip three planes, one car, thirty six hours and no sleep later we finally arrived at the hotel in Kryvvy Rig. We decided to stay in the hotel near the orphanage for now so that we can walk to see Juliyana. It's a bit more expensive then a flat but convienence wise it is worth the small amount extra.

Our first visit was emontional I think we both missed each other more then we realized. Juliyana cried and took about 15 minutes to reconnect with me. Helen was a new person and someone she wasn't quite sure of at first. She deffanitely missed the fact that her PaPa was not here. We spent about 3 hours with her playing inside and out. She loves music and we must get her an mp3 player when we get home.

Konstantin is off tracking down paperwork and trying to get the court decree. If all goes well we will have the birth certificate today and the passport applied for but you know Ukraine don't count your chickens before they hatch. As soon as I hear from Konstantin that the court decree is in his hands I will publish Juliyana's photos.

keep posting the comments are what help keep us going.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Donna,

Glad you got there safe, and all is well. This is my first chance to really check out your blog with having been in Georgia for so long, and catching up with life here in Ct.

Great Blog here. Good luck with all the Ukraine red tape delays.

Hope you are all home safe and soon.

Marc and Helen.

Jeremi said...

Wow down to the wire...very exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of the whole family together in Duluth!

Jeremi, Dana, Jared, and Jessie

PS I have a small 512 meg ipod shuffle (no screen) that I can ship to you guys if you dont get her something else...let me know.....

Anonymous said...

Congrats love to all
cant wait to hear about the boys reactions when you get home.

Donna and Michael Lebsack said...

I love you very much sweetheart I can't wait until you get home with our little Juliyana.