Monday, January 21, 2008

1/19-21/08 Life In The Slow Lane

Well Saturday and Sunday were uneventful. Konstantin went back to kiev and we girls were on our own. We went out exploring. The boots I had brought for Juliyana were too big and her feet were sliding all over the place. So, we found a nice store and between my limited Russian and the sales girls limited English we found a great new pair of boots. After that we went to get some groceries and came back home to watch Mtv. Juliyana wants to watch the music chanal and nothing else. She will sit for an hour watching music videos but only for about 10 minutes watching cartoons in her own language. She is funny to watch she stands in front of the tv and swings or dances to whatever is on. Thank god something is entertaining her for we only have a few toys and the weather has been cold and windy so it's not to fun outside. Sunday we got a bit more adventurous and walked around town and exchanged some money. We found a McDonalds and figue we will take her there and get her her first happy meal one day this week while we wait on the passport.

On Monday we were supposed to be up and running early. Konstatin was supposed to come on the overnight train and be here at 6:00am. Some how he was not able to do this so he had to take a bus back and did not get back until this afternoon. He ran around some more and I believe he has finally applied for her passport for me, but I am not sure since he is still not back. For a few minutes this afternoon we also thought that the phone was dead. Juliyana knocked it out of my hand and when I picked it up it would not turn on. I took it apart a few times and tried to adjust the battery, nothing I did worked. So I threw it on the charger and it lit up. Finally after about a half an hour of trying to figure out how to get a message to Konstantin since he needs one of us to come down and let him in but he would not be able to get through if the phone was dead, Helen figured it out and saved me some heart faliure. I have hopes that in the morning we will get to travel to Dnipropertrosk and submit the last few things. Then more waiting for Juliyana's new passport. I think we will be her another whole week. We were supposed to fly home on the 24th but with all the delays this past week and again today we will be lucky if we have the passport by Friday. Once we have that then it should get easier. We head to Kiev and deal with the Ameircan Consulate. I am hoping since I do speak their language I will have a better idea as to what is going on. I hate not understanding what all the delays and problems are.

Pleaes keep the comments coming it is amazing how much a quick word for you all can brighten the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you finally have someone to sign up for dance lessons. Better start saving now for all the recital outfits!!!!!! She is going to be so much fun.

Amber