Wednesday, January 16, 2008

1/16/08 - Holding Down the Fort

While Donna and Helen are going through all the turmoil associated with being in region, I have been laid out flat on my back for two days fighting off a stomach virus of some sort. Not sure what it is exactly but it sucks to say the least. I'm very glad for the help of my in-laws. Friday Juliyana's furniture arrives and gets set up. This weekend we'll put her clothes away and hang her lamp. Hopefully I will be up to snuff by then and it won't be entirely up to my mother-in-law (though I'm sure she'll do most of it anyway:-)

It's difficult being a by-stander back here while Donna is working so hard over there to bring our daughter home. We figure we'll be lucky if she is home by the 31st. The region we are in has been very difficult for our facilitator to get anything done in. Everything takes longer and as usual today the ONLY person in Kryvyy Rig that could take our passport application was in Dnipropetrovsk all day. It seems at every turn there is yet another roadblock to get past. So tomorrow is setting up to be a very, very long day in the car for all of them as they need to make a round trip to Dnipropetrovsk in order to get the birth certificate and passport stuff nailed down. With luck Donna will be able to pick up Juliyana on Friday.

On the up side, today while Juliyana was getting her passport photos taken she was telling everyone that she was going to her new home in the United States to be with her brothers. I hope she likes them as much after she meets them :-)

No comments: