Saturday, January 19, 2008

1/18/08 Happy Birthday to Me!!!!




Today we started the day by having cake. It's my 40th birthday and who can have a birthday in a forign country with out your family and not start out with cake. It was a very long and exhausting day. We got up early and drove again the 160 kms to Dniprodiznks got the birth and adoption certificates. We then had to go another 40 kms to Dniprpertrosk to get them stamped. Why these things can't be in one place is beyond me. Finally headed back to Kryvvy Rig only to be running out of business day so we quicikly picked up the inspector went to the desky dome before 4pm. The orphage signed over Juliyana to me but we left her there for a little while for we had to run to the Tax offcie in in order to change her name on her Social Security card. This must be done a day before you apply for the pasport so it was imperative it happened before the end of bussiness today at 4:30 or else we would not be able to apply for the passport on Monday. We made it by the skin of our teeth. After that we went back to the Orphanage and picked up Juliyana. She was so excited and so was I. We decided to go out to dinner and she loved this. The restaurant was named California. I found this to be very appropriate since we started this whole adventure 32 months ago in California. Konstantin explained to her that her american name Was Juliyana Anastasia Lebsack. He said she like it and thought it was pretty. After dinner we called Papa for the first time and talked to him for a couple of minutes. Then Konstantin dropped us off at the flat and he went to the train station. When we walked into our flat Juliyana immediately started looking, and asking for her brothers. Helen and I are on our own for the weekend, konstatnin will be back on Monday so that we may apply for the passport. What greater present could I ask for than my daughter. After all the craziness and insanity today, I finally have my daughter. We are all learning fast how to communicate and Juliyana seems to be very happy.

I attached some photos of getting Juliyana out of the orphanage and the sign as you enter Dnproderzynsk where she was born

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Momma!!!!
I am bursting with joy for you guys!
I can't wait to hear all about everything when you return..
Take Care and say Hi to Helen for me.
Love,
Cari

Amber said...

Ok I have left two long messages and they haven't made it to you. I am going to try and leave one again. Happy Birthday. You have your little girl. I wish I could meet her. I look forward to getting to know Juliyanna through Helen's stories of her.Take care and enjoy.

Amber

Amber said...

I worked it took my comment. Yeah. I worked hard for that. My messages kept getting erased. Donna, I was in tears of happiness reading your blog. I hope you get to come home soon. I bet all the boys at home are so happy. Bring on the pink!!!

Amber

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! I can't imagine a better gift than a little girl on your 40th! I hope you get everything done quickly and return home to begin your new lives.

adoptedthree said...

Happy 40th Birthday! Just think you got to travel to Europe for your birthday!! Oh and what an awesome present a daughter!