Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Last Days in Purgatory

So, Konstantin was coming to get us for the medical today. He said to be ready at 8am. At 8:30 I called him and found out he was stuck in traffic. About 10 minutes later he and Anton showed up. He gave me all the papers he said I'd need for the medical and the consulate if we got that far and sent us off with Anton for he is starting a new job and had to be at work. We took a taxi to the medical the first place we stopped was not the right building so the taxi took us somewhere else we got out there and the Taxi left. After ten minutes in the second building we found this too was not where we needed to be. 45 minutes later and four other buildings we finally ended up in the right place. Thank God they give priortiy to those adopting we walked in to a hall way filled wall to wall with people. It smelled like an influenza Mardi Gras. One hour later we were done medical in hand and hopping into a new taxi for the Consulate. At the Cosulate I went and gave them the medical and all my paperwork. They were wonderful. They had me fill out all kinds of papers went through what Konstatin sent me with and said we were missing the original Court Decree and a ukrainian copy. Thank God for Helen. She ran outside while I filled out papers got Anton to call Konstantin and he came bringing the original court decree. He had no copies. I brought it to the wonderful woman at the window and she said I needed a copy. I begged her to just make one and I'd pay for it if necessary for as we know it takes forever to get anything done here. I paid for the Visa, I spoke with Mike in Imigration and 30 Minutes later we walked out with Juliyana's Visa. So as the post above says WE'RE COMING TO AMERICA. Our flight out is not until Thursday but we are all set emerging out of purgatory and now have a day to relax and not stress. A first for this trip.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God. So good to read that you are getting ready to go home. I cant imagine how you were able to do of this
and what you house will be like for the next few weeks. ALL GOOD
Love you all and wishing you a safe trip home FLY NICELY
Talk to you soon
Love Aunt Bonnie
Uncle Bobby

Amy said...

FINALLY!!!!!!
Super happy for you! What a relief! Enjoy your last two days there!
Love the slide show!!!! Need I say more :)

Amy

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so happy. This sure has been a lesson in patience. Congratulations for you all and especially for Juliyanna! She will have a wonderful life as a Lebsack.

Amber

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ALL! Welcome Juliyana to the complete Lebsack household! Boys, get ready for more female points of view! Once you have all become (re)acquainted and have settled down (does that happen?) I hope we can all get the family full photo! Love, Cathy,John, Ely and Signe!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! We are so happy for you and so glad you will all be home soon. The Lebsack clan will again be complete. Wish we could be there for the home coming, but maybe photos can be taken. Our love to you all and will be talking with you soon.
Love Ray and Anne

Anonymous said...

For got to ask in the last message - What does Juliyana think about this adventure? Keep notes for us.
Love Ray and Anne

Anonymous said...

At last!!!!!!!

I wish I could just zap you home. Have a great flight and try try try to sleep.
Love ya,
Cari

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna and Michael,

You are both amazing.

I just read every word of your blog since the beginning of December. I cried when you received your daughter for good on your 40th birthday, Donna. What an incredible journey.

I am so proud of you. Your stamina through the first 31 months is something else. This last month has been insane. Talk about determination!

Congratulations to you both, to the boys, and to Juliyana. She is one lucky girl to be landing in your blonde nest!!!

We look forward to seeing your whole clan soon and wish you all the best with the coming transitions.

Come on home!!!

Love love love,
Mary & Eduardo (in Atlanta)
xxx

junglemama said...

Yeah! How old is your daughter if you don't mind me asking?